Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Sketch

Hey there! It’s Jen Schow and I’m here to share my final layout with the November kit using this week's Sunday Sketch.



I love sketches because it really gives you a running start and helps me complete layouts fast!


This layout only took me 30 minutes - maybe less - and that’s fast for me! You can see that I shrunk it down to fit my 8.5 x 11 page, but I stuck pretty closely to overall design.


I used that awesome Maggie Holmes ticket paper as the main paper layer behind my photo. I love that I was able to create a tab at the top and have a home for my journaling because of the way that paper was created! I also used another one of the glitter Thickers for my title - so easy.


I stamped my date on the tab I created with the ticket paper and used some of the floral die cuts and the striped bow to add a bit more femininity to the layout. The journaling talks about how I don’t look good in hats (but my daughter told me that this one looked good on me), so I wanted to add some of those girly kind of embellishments.


I scattered stars around my page, as shown in the sketch. I love that the die cuts and the Thickers both had the star icons so I could have some variety. I also decided to doodle some of my own with a black pen. I really love that sketchy, doodled look! I added in some little droplets of blue to finish off the page.


Here’s another look at the final layout. Do you use sketches? You should definitely give this one a go and see how quickly your next page comes together!  

Jen

**To play along with this week's sketch challenge and to be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store, create a layout based off of today's sketch and post it to the gallery with today's date (11/19) in the title. 


No comments:

Post a Comment