Friday, November 3, 2017

Pocket Life Challenge: From Scratch!

Hey Everyone! This is Jennie with today's Pocket Life Challenge! IT'S NOVEMBER! Yikes! How did that happen?! If you are planning a major catch up make sure you check out the rest of the challenges this month. They can be a great way to get inspired!

My Challenge for this month is to create a filler card from scratch! I used the 6x8 papers to create 2 of the cards. If you are a simple scrapper you can start with just cutting a 3x4 card and adding one of the bigger die cuts from the ephemera pack.

I love to use the little bits of the ephemera pack on my photos. I also make extra tiny bits using heart dies and the 6x8 paper from the kit. I love the super cute colors of this month!

The puffy alphas of the November Pocket Life Kit are so perfect. And they have numbers! Yay! I kept my title card super simple because I liked the design from the 4x6 card and I din't want to alter it too much. Next to it I have a card with a little journaling about a drawing my daughter made.

Here you can really see the two filler cards I made. On the first card, I used the black and white stripes paper. I used the 3x4 stamp set that comes in the Pocket Life Kit to stamp all over the paper. The lines made it so easy. Then I layered die cuts, puffy stickers and the cork. You don't have to add everything and the kitchen sink like I do. If you want to go super simple I recommend using the rules of threes and try to vary the size of the items. On the second card, I used a circle stitched die to add a layer to the card instead of adding the circle on top. This creates an illusion of depth. This cat die is the cutest!

The 3x4 stamp is perfect if you've been wanting to stamp on your photos. They are small and they stamp perfectly. I stamped using Brilliance White on the grass and with Back StazOn on the photos of my daughters. I also did a little ghost stamping. 

I love the ephemera die cut pack! Besides being super cute they always have labels (a must for stamping dates on a  title card) and little words which I love to put on photos.
I hope you enjoyed these pages! I like to share some of my filler and title cards on Instagram if you want to check them I'm @jenniegarcian over there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment