Friday, November 10, 2017

Pocket Life Challenge: Dimension & White Space

Hello friends!  Welcome back, Candace here to share a new pocket life challenge.  There are two things that I love to include on my pocket page spreads to add interest and extra space.  First, I love to add inserts.  I don't always need the additional space for photos or journaling but when I do I love the extra interest and space it gives me to tell our family's story.  Second, I love to create my own filler cards using ephemera, stamps and alpha stickers.  I love the custom look this gives my spreads.  Even though many people will receive the same products, I love that my spreads will look different and custom when I create my own cards.

Here is a look at the spread I created using these challenge techniques.



On the left side of the spread I created my own title card and filler card using goodies and embellishments from the kit.  Including the alpha this month that I am IN LOVE with!




















On the right side of the spread I created another filler card using the same shape as the left side to create a repeated element across the spread.  This will attract the eye to the same shape and add balance to the spread.

This week I had four photos of my boys that I really wanted to include so I decided to add an insert to the center of my spread.  For my filler cards on the insert I wanted them to look clean and simple.  I used plain white card stock as my base and added embellishments.  I adore how these turned out!  





Here are a few close ups of the filler cards that include lots of white space to balance out all the colors in the spread!













Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope this inspired you and gave you a few ideas to use on your next spread.  I would love to see what you create.  Make sure to tag Citrus Twist Kits when you post on Instagram so we can swoon over your creations!  Also make sure you stop by the shop to pick up any any goodies you may need!

Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment