Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Gratitude Wreath by Wendy

Hello everyone and happy happy Wednesday!

Wendy here to cheers with you to the Fall season for all things pumpkin spice, comfort food, and just feeling gratitude + thanks for a beautiful season!  Although I must admit, Fall is not so much in the air where I live on the Gulf coast in Florida.  Summer is still speaking to us in a big way with her temps and sunny blue skies! However, the "change in season" always makes my heart swell with reflection and love for what I have and just to be thankful for the blessings in my life.


Something in the air gives me the DIY bug to create something seasonally fresh and new.  I was recently on a Target run and bought a Fall wreath for our front door from the Magnolia Hearth & Hand collection that released on Nov 5th.  Oh man, I love a good wreath.  Even though we have palm trees in the front yards around here, I have a bit of Fall welcoming guests at our front door.  So, I was inspired to bring a touch of the wreath love to my 9x12 layout share for you today.


Let's DIY this shall we....




To design out your wreath, you can use the elements from the November 2017 Main and Pocket Life kits.  The element packs in those kits this month are ON.POINT.  I hope you were able to grab them up for the month.  If not, don't miss out on December!  

I love the gold foil elements and berry colored florals in the element packs.  So, I drew a large circle very lightly on my background paper.  Then, I started to play around with the placement of the florals and interchanged stamping from the The Is Life "Gathering" stamp set for November (also available over in the CTK shop). The floral sprigs in the stamp set coordinate perfectly with the elements in the November kits.  


Feel free to randomly play play play with the curves of the elements.  Did you know you can take the CTK stamps and curve them a bit on your acrylic block when stamping?  I used this technique when stamping around the curve of the wreath shape.   


Also, check in your CTK stash for any past shapes that can coordinate with this project.  Remember these wood veneer floral sprigs from a past CTK kit?  Yep, a past kit that works great with this month's kit too! The beautiful thing about CTK kits...timeless and interchangeable . 


Super fun cork leaf shapes in the November kit too! I added a finishing touch with a CTK exclusive puffy sticker ("gratitude") and stamped ledger + phrase (from a past CTK stamp set).


Feel and share your gratitude this season (and maybe in squeeze in a fun DIY project too)!

Hope you enjoyed my project!

Wendy 


No comments:

Post a Comment