Monday, November 13, 2017

DECEMBER STORIES with NATHALIE



Hi there! 

Who is ready for December?   If it was up to me, Christmas decorations will go up as soon as Thanksgiving is done (that means the 2nd weekend of October, here in Canada!), but i have to wait until mid November ( it is call, "compromising").





Regardless, I am living my December dreams by getting my Traveler's Notebooks ready to hold all my precious memories in one single spot.  For the past years i have chosen this method to document our stories;  it is a smaller and ( personally) easier to manage, especially when you have a very event-full December. 







Since there will be lots of embellishments being added to the notebooks, I have created two inserts for my TN so that they are easier to work with once they start to get filled with our stories.  For the first one, I used pieces from the Main Christmas kit, and Mini Kit #1 to create the cover of the insert.  The Christmas Stories stamp is not just beautiful, but versatile, as it was used here to add sentiments and to create the cover page of the insert.   That small pocket came together in a few steps, and will house a small note about what the book is all about.







The inserts I have created will be able to house our December stories, but not in the December Daily format.  However some of the DD ideas can be adapted to the Traveler's Notebook format.   In the second insert, I chose to use the Christmas Stories stamp, and some gold embossing powder to create the small tree of sentiments featured in the front page of the TN.   The cover of this insert was created with pieces from the Christmas Stories kits, and a paper from my stash.





I chose to add a  small note to the first page of this insert that just tells about my wishes and hopes for the month.  The story was then  framed with a paper from the Christmas Stories main kit (which has already sold out!), and attached to a piece of paper (from my stash) that complements the kit.   I just love all the stickers and embellishments included in all the kits.  There is so much to chose from, and makes it so easy to create all the pages.  Here is more in depth look at how these came together, so sit back an enjoy the following video:





I hope you are inspired to start your December documenting.   It does not matter what the format or length of your album/book looks like, the important thing is that you document all those stories that are dear to you heart.  Stop by the CTK store to check all the mini kits and the gorgeous stamp which are featured in this post.

Remember, I am just a comment away if you have questions on these.   I will also be sharing my December Stories TN progress on my social media outlets, and the CTK Friends Facebook page.

Take care!!


1 comment:

  1. You make it look so easy!! Love what you did with both TNs!

    ReplyDelete