Wednesday, October 5, 2016

In My Studio with Jen Chapin

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a few pictures of how I organize my kits and products, plus a pocket page created with October's Pocket Life kit and a process video.

When I receive my kit, I like to take all the items out of the packages so I can see everything. I get these shallow trays from a local grocery store, but I'm sure you can find something similar at Target or Ikea. I organize all the flat items in the tray, then put all the loose embellishments in a small bowl from Anthropologie.

After I'm done with creating projects from a kit, I like to split the remaining products out by type. I have lots of different bins that are labeled and sit on my shelves. This one houses chipboard embellishments.

Here is a look at my supply bins with the tops off. Sorting them by type allows me to quickly grab the embellishment I need without much searching!

Here is a video that goes over my kit organization, as well as my process for putting this page together.

I used items from the main Pocket Life kit as well as the Sprinkles kit to create this page. I used a mixture of color and black and white photos, as well as some contrasting bright colors with black and white.

Here are a few closeups. The puffy circle sticker fit perfectly inside this card, and I embellished it simply with a staple.

The foam glitter stars in the kit are fabulous! I used all of them very quickly :)

Lastly, I created this card using a piece of the 6x6 patterned paper along with the diecut and hello weekend phrase.

Thank you for stopping by the blog today, I hope you are having a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment