Saturday, May 28, 2016

3 to Inspire with Aimee.


Yay! Welcome to Saturday's 3 to Inspire. I love, Love, LOVE IT when I score a 3 to Inspire post because no only is it a challenge for you but it's a really great way for me to break out of my usual supplies and way of doing things. So without further ado, shall we get started?

1. Choose 3 colours from your photo to use as your design palette.
2. Add some paint.
3. Use an acetate embellishments.

When creating this layout I was trying to incorporate a fun and whimsical theme. I took the grey from the headboard of our bed, the blue from Eva's eyes and the orange from her PJs. I painted a watercolour background for the photos and added a few black paint splashes to the side for contrast. Finally I embellished with some of Paige's amazing fancy free die cuts and ephemera.






Now it's your turn! Use the three prompts to create your own projects and share them with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum. You can also upload to Instagram, but remember to tag us @citrustwistkits. Looking forward to seeing what you can do!

Aimee Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment