Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mixed Media with Chantal Philippe

Good morning everyone!

October is nearing it's end and I'm simply not ready to let it go; still perfectly content scrapping using bold and bright colours, especially yellow.

I've been experimenting a lot lately with mixed media and I have fallen in love with Gesso and how wonderful watercolours turn out when painted on top of it. Prepping a page with Gesso is a must when doing mixed media.

For the page below, I first glued on my pieces of patterned paper and spread the Gesso on top of it all (here and there) using an old gift card. Once dry, I went ahead and did my watercolour and let that dry completely as well. The elements and the 3x4 card are a mix of items from the October "Hello Darling" Add-on Kit and the October Pattern Paper Play #1.



No comments:

Post a Comment