Monday, April 14, 2014

Simple Strategies with Gina

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a couple of layouts with you, using a few simple strategies. Both pages have been created using the Enchantment Kit Add-On and Being Me stamp add-on

On this first page, I've used a vertical design for the background, starting with a cardstock base then adding 3 strips of patterned paper..

Gina Add-On

I've kept the vertical elements flowing with a few journaling tags, including a couple of older printable Pocket Life tags

Gina Add-On 2

to add some interest to the cardstock here, I added a smear of white gesso and a little watered down mist with a paint brush. The white splatter was drawn in with a gel pen..

Gina Add-On 3

Gina Add-On 4

On the second page I kept the background very soft with white cardstock and added some subtle water colour touches (once again using watered down mist) and stamping

IMG_1158

I've used a small paintbrush to apply the mist then immediately held the page upright and blew on it in a downwards direction to achieve the drip effect

IMG_1163

I've also added some soft stamping, by stamping first on a scrap paper then onto the cardstock, a nice alternative to black ink is Prima "Old Road" chalk edger available in the CTK store

IMG_1160
IMG_1162

here's some more of the mist effect, this time the drips are in a different direction and I've used the same soft stamping technique with the flower stamp

IMG_1161

I hope this gives you a few ideas for your pages..happy scrapping!
Gina x

3 comments:

  1. Your pages are fun and pretty at the same time! Thanks for sharing your simple strategies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love both layouts! Love how you created the backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete