Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Inspiration- Art Journal

Hello and happy Saturday everyone!
It's Kasia here today and I'd like to invite you to play and experiment this weekend! We usually show you here layouts, Pocket Life spreads, cards and mini books made with Citrus Twist Kits but how about some art journaling? Personally I love this kind of creative play and I'm trying to do more of it this year, it's such a great way to try new things and use up some scraps and leftovers after bigger projects!


SEARCHING art journal Kasia
To create above page I used some bits and pieces from January Pocket Life and Embellishment kits. I layered scraps of papers from 6x6 pad and washi tape on my page, covered them with gesso and added more layers on the top- you can find here doily, journaling card and a small black and white photo. I added some more gesso and once everything dried I played with paint, added small doodles, title and some stickers. To finish my page I used some October Afternoon stamps which you can find in CTK store- I love the expressions on them!

SEARCHING art journal Kasia det3

SEARCHING art journal Kasia det1

SEARCHING art journal Kasia det4

SEARCHING art journal Kasia det2


I hope this post will inspire you to look at your kits (and especially the smaller bits and pieces of them left after creating bigger projects!) from a fresh perspective! Have a happy and creative weekend!

1 comment: