Friday, August 30, 2013

Pocket Life Friday With Sam

Hello all! It's Sam here to share a Pocket Life layout with you. I created this one day spread to record  our daily travels on 1 August 2013. It was just an ordinary day that we had been running around - attending a book binding crop, went for a stroll at the park and also shopped at Ikea. We took so many photos that I managed to create a double page PL spread for this particular day.

PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-1


PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-2


PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-3


The color scheme of this daily spread is inspired by this piece of patterned paper, love the combination of orange and green with a hint of blue. Such a brilliant color scheme that I have never thought of it! I love the month of August simply because its my birthday month so the 1st day of August definitely deserved a page on its own.

PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-7


I am in love with the exclusive heart wood veneer. I painted them with different colors and sprinkled them all over my page. I even use my sewing machine to stitch them down. I know sewing on wood sounds intimidating but all you have to do is add adhesive to the wood and go really really slow.

PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-4


I use numbers to note down the sequence of our daily travels. P.s. The sequins and yellow flower cabochon is from my own stash.

PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-6


I am always inspired by how April summarize her weekly events in one of her 4x6 journaling card. So I thought it would be fun to challenge you to summarize your daily travel in one of the journalling card, using bullet point form. You will then realize even the smallest thing in your everyday life is noteworthy. Here's how I did my summary of the daily travel with my funny hand writing and stamp set designed by Jen.
Tips: I white washed the pattern paper with Distress Paint in Picket Fence so that my journalling will pop.

PL Week 31 - 1 Aug-5


And here's the sketch for this week Pocket Life post:

CTK PL Sketch


Thanks for looking and have a great weekend ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Super love your colour scheme too :) Wonderful PL layout once again! :)

    ReplyDelete