Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6 x 6 Paper Play

Hi everyone! April here to share my 6x6 paper pad project. I have been loving the sunburst trend that’s been going around lately and was inspired by a card design and tutorial that I saw on the Pebbles blog a few weeks ago, so I decided to try it on a layout! When I saw the tutorial, I thought it was perfect for this project because I was able to use a lot of my 6x6 paper scraps. Not to mention that the photo I wanted to scrap was of my husband and I watching a sunset on our honeymoon. I loved the chipboard Polaroid frame that was included in the Embellies kit this month. I didn’t want to hide it in one of my busy PL spreads, so right away, I knew I would use it on this main layout.

AH-June-6x6-1

The tutorial suggested starting with a template to use as a guide when cutting out the sunburst “rays” from each sheet. Sorry for the terrible photo, but this is what my template looked like. I traced each piece on the patterned paper of choice, and then cut the patterned paper on the trace lines. I numbered each piece so I didn’t get confused when it came to putting it back together.

AH-June-6x6-2


The title is made up of gold Thickers and sequins from my stash. The Dear Lizzy alphas were from a previous CTK PL kit, but they matched this month’s kit so well that I ended up using them for all my projects this month.

AH-June-6x6-3

Being a primary Project Life type scrapbooker, this is the first 12x12 layout that I’ve done since getting back into scrapbooking. I’ve been really inspired lately to venture out and to do more regular layouts. It was fun to make, but it was really hard for me to do. There’s just so much space on a 12x12 page!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your 6x6 pad!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!!! I've always wanted to make a sunburst page, this makes it seem doable! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love love this layout! I'm totally scraplifting it!

    ReplyDelete